Saturday, March 21, 2009

03/21/09 Longest Day

Today is the longest day for a reason. Anyways today I woke up at 5:30AM! Dang I then quickly got ready to run a 5K cause Arvin was already here. When we got there the race had already began for about 5 minutes! I wished we got there on time though! Anyways I started out ahead of Arvin cause I wanted to see what my potential was, it was quite crazy cause I ran passed a bunch of people and each person I passed by running made me feel genuinely good. Not to be self-centered or anything. I ran non stop untill about half way. Our goal on the 5K was to run from Chammorro village to the Governer's office and back. I did my best to run as much as I can. In the end My time was like 32 or so minutes but then again we were 5 minutes late. Afterwards me and Arvin met up again and looked at all the cool goodies. We later bumped into Von and then some other people and the girl that made us all go. Anyways I got more shwag in the form of Arizona Tea and Water. Arvin then dropped me off home. When I got home I took a shower and then ate breakfast! I then practiced the guitar and used the internet untill Arvin came again so we can pick up the "goods". We first tried to look for an ATM machine in particularly a Bank Of Hawaii ATM Machine. We went to Payless and found a pacific express one and kept making the wrong pins and then we called my sister and then found out that there was a Bank of Hawaii ATM in Payless and we were doing it all wrong. I then got the "goods" at a undisclosed location. The "goods" so you won't think it's drugs was a PS3 and MGS4!!! Anyways me and Arvin then went down to the Gate Theater. Heck I'll just post my review of the the whole thing.

"I only watched it cause two of my friends were in it as stand ins. This also gave me reason to watch it and actually give an unbiased review of it. Anyways I never watched the movie to tell you the truth cause I don't like Disney Propaganda so I'm not sure how similar the musical was to the movie. Anyways to start things off, I wasn't bothered that none of the characters looked like how they should but I was bothered by the fact that everything was pre-recorded. It was quite obvious that the songs were pre-recorded and songs were synced. I don't want to rate the performances and the band ensemble together since it would be unfair since the band ensemble were actually... good. Let's look at the negatives first. The basic storyline is very sparse and quickly falls apart after the first 15 minutes of the musical. The plot is basically a 1+1=3 which clearly doesn't add up. I don't know if it's because it's a musical adaptation but the story is this, a group of friends and I mean a quite large and unrealistic group of friends, all get jobs at a Hotel right? Then they play baseball and then have a Talent show in the end. But here's the catch, the main character is caught between two girls, one a mean prepy girl and the other a nicer prepy girl. It's incredibly obvious which the main character chooses. The stand ins actually did a better job than the actors at some points. During the talent show, no one was paying attention to the actors but to the stand ins performing on stage! Which is the only redeeming factor of the play. As for the songs, just super melodic pop sing alongs designed by disney to make you want to spend your money on useless memorabelia. Anyways with that being said, you are wondering what are some of the highlights. The best part was the band ensemble imo, they played very well even though they were a small band. Talented bunch of kids to tell you the truth. The stand ins were cool and one was this awkward white guy that actually kinda looked like how the main character should look like! And the black guy should have played the black guy too! They choose a pretty weak cast with mediocre singers who know show boat techniques. Anyways another problem with it is that the theater smelled like pee. They should have done it at the UOG theater. Should you watch it? ummm It was $10 which in my language is pretty expensive to see a public colaboration on a shody adaptation of a film, maybe if it was $5 I would might encourage fans of the movie to watch it but at $10 no thx. You have to be a die-hard fan to enjoy it, the cheesy acting just made it unbearable to watch at points. a 2.
4/5 just cause I'm a nice guy"

After that I got to say yo to CJ and George! It was quite cool actually. I went up on stage and stuff!!!!! Oh yeah Carlo was there too and my sister also! Afterwards we went our separate ways but then got Wendy's LOL! We got home and played some Street Fighter IV and Killzone 2! Quite interesting actually. We then got ready for devotional prayer and went! We got there and put our togas and shoes away also. After that we talked to some brethren and we all went our separate ways. Me and my sister went to Payless however, to get Aramaine's birthday candle and some plates. When we got home I ate dinner and played some RE5 and here I am now. Time to get ready for a pretty hectic day tommorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment