Monday, May 25, 2009

05/25/09 Binhi/Kadiwa Night! Gemnet extravaganza!

Today was a VERY long and VERY satisfying day for me. To sum it up, it started with WIN and ended in WIN!

For starters, I woke up today at 10AM because I went to sleep at like 1 or 2AM last night. When I woke up I right away started on the BBQ we would eat for lunch! There was ribs, short ribs, fish, and STEAK! LOL! It was fun doing that, however, the blazing sun was unforgiving today. It was hot! I did it in the shade but it was still hot. I'm actually getting pretty pro at doing the bbq, before I would have trouble but not anymore. I started on the ribs/short ribs and fish. Later on I did the Steaks one by one. That was the fun part, doing the steaks. I got to figure out how to do medium and medium well, no well done today please! I then moved on to do the vegetables like mushrooms and asparagus. When I finished the steak I let my mom do some bbqing so I could eat my steak and some bbq too, I then took over when I finished and finished doing the rest of the bbq! It was quite enjoyable! I then went on to take a shower.

After I was done taking a shower, I then played some MGS4 for a while, man MGS4 is so fricken addicting! Anyways, I played for a while then went on facebook to finalize some things with Chuck. Like the script and stuff like that. I then went on myspace to look around then took a nap! When I woke up I got ready for the binhi kadiwa night! While I was waiting for Arvin to pick me and my sister up, I practiced the guitar I borrowed from Jerome, I got some what better in that short time. The time now was 7:50PMish. He then came and we went off to Westin hotel for the Binhi/Kadiwa night!

On our way there, nothing particularly happened, when we got there , however, the story is a little different. At the door we met up with Anne, that one girl, and Hector! It was pretty cool, we talked and a while later Von came through the door and we talked for a little bit and that was cool. When everyone (Chuck, Almie, Eron?, Jerome, Mark, and Gary) came in then the action kicked up a notch. We headed downstairs to the place where the bin/kad night was held.

I want to quickly point out the architecture of the building. It was as if they designed it on the sole purpose to make you dizzy. I mean it, it was built pretty vertically, if you were in the lobby and looked up, it looks as if it would stretch upwards forever. It was pretty cool actually but kinda creepy at the same time. Another weird feature of the building was that the lobby was actually the 4th or was it 6th floor?! If you were to go to the 3rd floor it would actually go downwards. Interesting!


When we got to the place at the 3rd floor, we scouted it out a little and talked to the kids at the Apra Heights table. It was pretty cool seeing everyone again. It was weird cause they keep getting taller every time! After a little bit, Chuck gathered everyone together and we prayed for our GEMNET activity. Today I was given photographer duty! It was really really REALLY fun! I want that duty at every formal gathering thingy! It was quite cool! Anyways after our prayer, we went off to do our stuff. I teamed up with Arvin so that we can take pictures of everyone's table. I let Arvin do the talking while I got the pictures down! At first the 2nd picture we took didn't show up cause I realized that I was not pressing the button down hard enough. But I'm glad I caught that mistake early!

With the amature mistakes behind, and all the table pictures taken care of. The freedom to take pictures of everything was amazing! IDK, something about photography was cool! IDK, it was very neat. I took a good a mount of pictures of the room as a whole so that was neat and of the outside too! We were then actually invited by a brother to actually eat! We were planning on not eating and going somewhere after but OK! That was a very cool thing of the brother to do. When I got my foodz, I heard of a game that was going on where anyone could join. So I got some friends (Geonard, Carlo, Denzel, and DJ) and we went on. It was like a question and answer game. Wait, I just realized it was from that one filipino game show where people would line up at one of the multiple choice answers. It was pretty interesting, I wasn't too serious but for some reason I got like to the final round too. LOL! Anyways, after that I got pretty tense for some reason. I then ate my foodz with Arvin and Anne Marie at the outside place since we couldn't get inside. After that I then checked out the next activity which was this dating game thing. It was pretty awkward, but it was interesting to see Arjay's replies! Anyways, after that we then set up for the first interview.

We packed up the cams and stuff and moved to the far side of the room to take the interviews near some portraits, I helped set up a little then went out to check up on things. I bumped into Resley and this one girl. I was actually talking to Resley and got introduced to Zhalen. She was pretty cool. We conversed for a while and I got to introduce some people to her and such. I let Hannah man the camera for a little while then when Zhalen, Reslyn, and Resty went on their way I manned it again for the rest of the time.

I then went inside to check out what's going down and saw they were up to a new game. I took some pics of that and then brother Joe did the closing remarks! We then did some of the coverage of the prayer so that was neat! When everyone was leaving we took some shots of that so that was pretty cool! We then helped get the camera unsetupped and stuff. We took a couple group pictures for remembrance so that was cool! We then went on our seperate ways.

We actually stopped by Outrigger cause we were supposed to meet there but everyone had to bail today. After that though we went on our way home. Nothing in particularly interesting happened on the way home. When I got home I put the garbage out side and now I am going to get ready to sleep. LOL!

Sorry if this wasn't that detailed. I'm tired from too much win! And have more things to do tomorrow! Hopefully I can come back and retouch this with more detail later.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a fun day. I never get my steak right. They are either well done or uncooked sometimes!

    ReplyDelete