Sunday, May 17, 2009

05/17/09! Gem Net day.

Words could hardly describe this day, but I'll try my best.

Today started out just like any other sunday for me. Take a bath then eat breakfast then go to church. There was some differences, however, for breakfast I ate poptarts and today we took the Carolla to church instead of the Sentra since the Sentra was not working. At church it was practically the same. First warm up then worship service then CWS then home. Today on the way home we got some KFC so that was good. It was a 10 or so piece crunchy chicken meal with thr33 sides (Mac,cole, and mash). When we got home then I believe I took a nap. I woke up at about 2PMish then ate the chicken and played a little bit of MGS4 on hard which was the shiz. Afterwards, I like waited for any news about the things we were supposed to do for GEM from anyone. I went on myspace and found Jerome online and asked him about the stuff happening, I later recieved a call from Arvin updating me on stuff and so I got ready to go. When Arvin got to my house we then went off to Tokyo Mart near GPO, for, I heard legendary stories about Gatsby Hairwax being there from Jerome and Von. When we got to said store, me and Arvin looked around for some of the good stuff. When we finally found said good stuff it was only one color ;__; I wanted the red one. But I will settle for the white since it seemed to have worked as good anyways. So anyways, we got some cheap $2 bentos and Arizona tea. Arvin ate his, me on the other hand, did not. It was a good thing I didn't too and I'll tell you in a minute. Afterwards, we headed back to Yigo church to see what everyone is up to for the GEM net thing. When we got there no one was there besides a few people who owned other parts of the building. Interesting, we then called Jerome to check what's up and he said that they were at Mark's house wrapping up the interview. We then asked for directions to Mark's house and when we got there it was finished and we all headed back to the church. When we got back we all then got carpools to sister Claudia's house (Inarajan). It was quite the carpool ride LOL! We rode with brother Gary and saw some pretty interesting sights on the way thur. There was a mega fiesta down at Merizo! It looked hecka cool and reminded me of when we lived in Apra Heights, the whole atmosphere down there was different from the north side of Guam, you can only tell the difference when you are gone from the South for quite some time. Anyways, it took us a while to actually reach sister Claudia's house. When we got there we ate some Fiesta (Fee!-Aye!-Sta!) food and got ready to do sister Claudia and her brother's interview. It was quite the experience to me and everyone else there. Getting to man the audio system was quite a challenge actually,I would go even as far to say that it is intense doing it. I found it intense because you have to be very picky on the sounds around you like little hums and what not. I'm glad Arvin gave me his responsibility of the audio checking LOL! Anyways, it was something else, like actually being there to see the interview done live in real time. It found it to be a humbling experience which I will remember for a life time! After her brother finished his interview, we took a small little break so we switched around places so we all got a try at something. Sister Claudia's interview was quite something, it made me realized that I should strive harder to actually get some people to join the church. Chuck then got to say some positive stuffs about sister Claudia kinda like proof of how dedicated she is. We then got together to do some feedback time for the GEM-NET people. That part was quite fun too since we all put in our feedback to the whole entire thing like the work shop etc. The most interesting part was that Arvin out of all of us probably said the most intelligent and logical thing LOL! I talked about how writing lines for scripts was hard and how interesting the workshop was. We then took some group pictures and we all took our separate ways that evening. We actually stayed there till like 11PMish! It was crazy! Before we left the place, I realized something. Something I never realized till today. That the stars are almost only visible down south! Up here in the north you almost never see them, I then realized how wonderful stars where. Interestingly enough the ride back to Yigo was quite something too. Anyways, today's Gem Net experience was quite something else! I really do hope that the future of Gem Net on Guam will persistently be a fun experience like it was today. With Chuck leaving at the end of the year, it is very hard to see what really is the future of Guam Gem Net. My predictions are pretty bleak, since I have the faintest clue of who will take charge when Chuck leaves. Hopefully things will be for the better though and that I am wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment